It includes Google’s popular services: Gmail, Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Google Calendar, and Google Docs.
Gmail in Google Apps for Work adds a number of features designed for business users:
- Custom email including the customer’s domain name.
- 15 GB of free storage, threaded conversations, robust search capabilities, and anapp-like interface.
- 99.9% guaranteed uptime with zero scheduled downtime for maintenance.
- Either 30 GB or unlimited storage shared with Google Drive, depending on the plan.
- Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook.
- No advertising.
- 24/7 customer support
- Google Drive
Google’s file storage and synchronization service was released on April 24, 2012, a place where you can create, share, collaborate, and keep all of your stuff in cloud. As part of Google Apps for Work, Google Drive comes with additional features designed for business use:
- Either 30 GB or unlimited storage shared with Gmail, depending on the plan.
- Sharing controls that keep files private until customers decide to share them.
- Advanced audit and reporting.
- 24/7 customer support.
Google Hangouts allows up to 10 people for the consumer version and 15 people for the work version to join conversations from their computer or mobile device. Participants can share their screens, and view and work on things together. The Hangouts On Air service lets people stream live broadcasts to Google+, YouTube, and their websites.
- Up to 15 people for the work version could join conversations from their computers or mobile devices.
- 99.9% guaranteed uptime.
- ISO27001 and SOC 2 certification.
- 24/7 customer support.
Google Calendar provides an online calendar service, designed to integrate with Gmail. It uses the iCal standard to work with other calendar applications. Helpful features of Google Calendar include:
- Share calendars with teammates and others to check availability.
- Overlay teammates’ calendars into a single view to set up the time when all the members are available.
- People can also use Google Calendar to see if meeting rooms or shared resources are free, and add them to events.
- Use the mobile app or synchronize with the built-in calendar on mobile devices.
- Publishing of calendars to the web, and integration into Google Sites.
- Simple migration from Exchange, Outlook, or iCal, or from .ics and .csv files.
Google Apps includes online editors for creating text documents or document file format, spreadsheets, presentations, and surveys: Google Docs & Spreadsheets.
- Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms work within any web browser or on any web-enabled mobile devices.
- Documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and surveys can be shared, commented on, and co-edited in real time.
- Additional features are various. Unlimited revision history, for example, is able to keep all changes saved in one folder and offline access that lets people work on their documents without internet connection. gmail login