If you go away from your Gmail account, like during a vacation or without access to the Internet, you can set up an auto-reply to automatically notify people that you will not be able to pay. Tell them immediately. When people send you a message, they will receive a reply email containing what you wrote in your autoresponder.
How to set up Auto-reply messages in Gmail
1. Login to your Gmail account
2. Click on the gear ⚙ icon on the top right corner of the screen and select “Settings”
Then appearing the interface of main functions in the Settings.
3. In General tab, pull down the scroll until you see “Vacation responder” item. Check the “Vacation responder on” to enable Gmail auto responder then choose the first day and the last day you apply this feature.
If you want to setup this feature in a certain time of vacation or business trip, check the Last day and the day to close auto responder. And if you want your account always in a state of email auto-responder, you leave the box blank in the Last day.
4. In Section Subject: enter the title of the email autoresponder.
5. Section Message: type the content of the email autoresponder.
6. Tick the“Only send a response to people in my Contacts” if you just want to autoresponder with emails from partners (the contacts in Gmail friends list).
7. Finally click“Save changes” to save the setting above.
Note: Messages are sent to the spam folder and messages sent to the mailing list for which you are subscribed will not receive an automatic reply. gmail login